Student Ambassador Application
Safe2Tell is excited to have you apply for our 2023-2024 school year student ambassador program! Our ambassadors will help provide insight and feedback on our program and make sure that we are youth-centered in our work. Si necesita el forma en Español, está AQUÍ. Applications open March 15th, 2023 and will close April 2nd, 2023 at 11:59pm*.
*References will have until April 10th to submit their letters of reference through this online form or upload to your application.
Student ambassador job description overview:
Ambassadors will serve as positive role models for their peers, share Safe2Tell resources with their schools, and help the program relate to students through engaging in creative promotional, marketing, and thought-leading projects. As an example, students may engage in surveying schools and data analysis, present to peers/community members about Safe2Tell, or help us discuss and evaluate ways to change our work to meet youth where they are.
- Rising sophomore, junior, or senior
- Interest in school safety, leadership development, marketing, community service, public policy, and/or related fields
- Availability for monthly meetings, either virtual or in person, including a final presentation event that will be held in person in Denver. We understand that the school year can be busy, however you will need to commit to attend at least 80% of all meetings and the final in-person celebration of impact presentation.
- If accessibility to technology is limited, this will not be a disqualifier
- These meetings will vary between large group and one-on-one check-in’s
- Self-starter who will engage in projects outside of the meeting time
- Willingness to make connections with other ambassadors, school staff, school leadership and peers
- Ambassadors will receive an honorarium in recognition of their contribution to Safe2Tell
- Meet and greet with the Colorado Attorney General
- Certificate of participation
- Make an impact within your community through Safe2Tell
- Safe2Tell swag for each ambassador
- Network with Safe2Tell staff and other students from across Colorado
- Exposure to groups that have a similar vision
- Learn new or develop leadership skills
Email S2TAmbassador@coag.gov with any questions.